Friday, September 16, 2011

Skincare Review for Acne-Prone Skin: Eau Thermale Avene Anti-blemish Trio

My skin has been hypersensitive since the beginning of August with exposure to a cocktail of acne-boosting factors (e.g. overexposure to the sun, skin allergy, stress, etc.). My latest skincare routine has included a handful of hypoallergenic products, which I will review in two separate entries. They have done magic to my irritated skin within days. I recommended Dermalogica Overnight Clearing gel (see review HERE) some weeks ago, but it's no longer enough to fight the battle. This is the second time my skin breaks out so badly in my 30 years of life. It's a hard battle indeed, but surprising the golden rule of thumb is: Go simple and mild! It doesn't only apply to what you apply after your facial wash, but also to what you use to wash.

I see a stark improvement in my skin condition after using 3 items from Eau Thermale Avene, one of the brands commonly recommended by dermatologists. 

1. Clean-Ac Cleansing Cream
I have combination-dry skin, which means my cheeks are rather dry even under this humid spring/summer weather. So I opted for this cleansing cream for better hydration. It is a misconception that the oily T-zone needs no hydration since it is actually oily because of dehydration! What makes this cleansing cream great for sensitive skin is that it's soapless! It's utterly gentle, but it can also remove sunscreen and grime without overstripping your skin. My skin feels clean and calm after the wash.

2. Cleanance K Cream-Gel
Thanks to the effectiveness of AHAs (glycolic acid and lactic acid) and BHA (salicylic acid), Cleanance K can exfoliate, hydrate, and balance the sebum-secretion of the affected areas. I have to stress that it is indeed very effective in treating acnes and blemishes. But I have one note of caution: Don't be greedy!!! Apply ONLY a thin layer to the affected areas as it may burn your skin if you layer too much! It may sting a bit even with a thin layer. My skin actually turned red when my pimples were really inflamed. The redness subsided after like 10 minutes...and I haven't experienced much stingy sensation and redness since the inflammation was treated after two nights of application. But in any cases, you do really need to spare that 10 minutes for the formula to sink in for better results anyway. I think this cream-gel is the crux of the entire skin rescue. My pimples were dried up, or at least partially dried, the next morning!

3. Clean-Ac Hydrating Cream
The moisturizer is specially formulated for blemish-prone sensitive skin. As it vouches, it does hydrate and soothe my irritated skin. It also instantly calms the stingy sensation brought by Cleanance K. It provides the nourishment and protection my blemished skin needs for recovery. The only thing is, it's apparently heavier than my usual moisturizers and I just can't make myself use it over my T-zone area (on which I'm still using Bioderma Sebium Pore Refiner - HERE). Other than this, it's a brilliant moisturizer, especially for the upcoming fall season. 

Overall, with these 3 Avene Products, my skin is now tamed, my face is clearing...everything's on the right track!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...