Monday, November 7, 2011

Makeup Review: Diorskin Radiant Base Skin-Refining Pro Lighting Makeup Base SPF 20+

Dior has launched a new collection of Radiant Base alongside the latest Diorskin Forever collection. I personally find the makeup base so much less fascinating than the Forever foundations (see reviews HERE and HERE)...or rather, I'm barely fascinated, especially since I tested out the Radiant Base after my expectation-boosting experiences with the Forever twins.

The sample sachet I received is in Radiant Rose (001), a rosy beige shade which can neutralize my yellow skin undertone. Although it can easily be smoothed into a sheer non-greasy veil, I actually prefer the finish of MAC Prep + Prime Fortified Skin Enhancer (see review HERE). The latter can better correct my complexion with a more natural finish. More importantly, my makeup can survive so much longer over MAC Skin Enhancer. Somehow the Radiant Base tends to melt my makeup. Not to mention the higher UV protection you can get from MAC Skin Enhancer, which has hit the minimum SPF recommended by dermatologists.


Who may like Radiant Base?
It's for you if you have normal balanced skin or if you're craving for a bit of luxury. The fragrance added is very typical of Dior...I haven't checked, but it should be close to Forever & Ever EDT and one of those from the Dior Addict EDT (Addict Shine?) series. 

Who may not like Radiant Base?
You may frown if you have combination skin or if you detest scented beauty products. It's also not your kind of makeup primer if you want to get sufficient UV protection from it alone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...