Monday, November 25, 2013

Makeup Review: Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder

                                         
It's my first time using something from Make Up For Ever and the purchase is deemed absolutely value-added. With a price range similar to that of Bobbi Brown, this HD Microfinish Powder, as well as the HD Blush and Lift Concealer I purchased, are simply brilliant!!! I will write another review to go through what I currently use to conceal my rather dehydrated dark circles in replacement of the Dior Sculpt concealer (see previous review HERE) that I'd been using for years. Let's look at the HD Powder first.

This powder is literally the best I've ever used. For your information, I tried Shu Uemura, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, Shiseido, Clinique...Hmm, think that's all...At least for my skin, it is invincible for its lasting power and natural finish, which also makes it like the perfect powder to finish my under eye concealing work. Because it's so finely-milled, it won't settle into creases and fine lines even after 10 hours...unlike the ones I tried. The finer-than-dust texture...dust? Uh you get what I mean...doesn't give me the extra unwanted layer of color over my BB cream or liquid foundation, leaving my skin so much more supple and natural-looking. Mr. HCL actually thought I finally hung out without wearing any makeup, haha! 

The packaging is noteworthy as well. Gone are the days when you have to turn the case upside down to get the powder out and end up with a mess. The lid is specially designed with the centre converging downward, which fits perfectly to cover the meshwork, so it doesn't matter how you store or carry the box of loose powder in your bag now! The concave surface where you pick up the loose powder allows you to just swirl your brush swiftly in a circular motion to pick up the right amount of powder while leaving the case clean. 

Pros:
- Super sheer and natural finish
- Doesn't sit into creases and fine lines
- Can last over 10 hours on combo skin
- Smart packaging

Cons: Haven't observed any yet!

My verdict? I highly recommend this HD Powder, particularly to those of you who love wearing no-makeup makeup. ;)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...